6 Months of Comprehensive Training. Eliminate the guesswork!
The first 5 years of my endurance MTB racing career were wrought with doubt. Was I training the right way? How could I maximize my limited training schedule? Whose advice should I follow? And I make a living as a fitness professional! Trial, error, research, success, and more research led me to develop a program that combines in-gym training, in-gym controlled cycle sessions, outdoor training rides, much-needed fun rides, nutrition, and a strategy that pulls it all together on race day. The following 6-Month Program can guide you to a champion-like finish at the 2020 Leadville 100. No guesswork. Individual Pursuit. Community Support.
Do I really need to do this to complete Leadville?
Of course not. Commit to riding 100 miles or so per week in the few months leading up to August 15th and you’ll have a great chance at completing the ride. If you’re already a decent rider you’ll even make the 12-hr mark with a little luck in the nutrition department and a clean ride mechanically.
Did you commit the Leadville 100 ride to just get by? Not in the least! We commit to massive goals to experience something outside ourselves. Why shortchange the potential for dramatic impact with an amateur approach to your preparation? Commit February to August and you won’t quit on August 15th.
Program: February 3rd – August 8th
- 2 x Weekly Semi-Private Gym Sessions (Cycling Specific, Tues/Thur 4-5PM)
- 2 x Weekly Indoor Cycling Sessions
- Custom Out-of-Gym Riding Schedule (2-4/wk)
- Monthly Functional Threshold Power Testing
- Monthly Body Comp Testing and Mobility Screen
- Personalized Nutrition Plan
Included Event/Race-specific Coaching:
- Event Taper Schedule
- Race Nutrition Plan
- Pre “A-Race” Full Bike Tune w/ Base Camp Cyclery
- 1:1 Downhill Skill Coaching Session w/ the pros at Dirt Smart
- Leadville 100 Course Training Weekends
- 3 Sessions (June x2 and July x1)
- Ride the entire course!
- Additional Focused Sessions on Columbine, Powerline, and Kevins climbs and descents.
- Race Day Support Station at Twin Lakes
- Mechanic, Nutrition, and High 5’s included!
“He has a head, two arms, two legs, just as I.” -Bernard Hinault 5X Tour de France Winner
- 52 In-Gym Workouts…..$1560 value
- 52 Indoor Cycling…..$520
- 6 FTP Sessions…..$120
- 6 Body Comp Tests…..$210
- 3 Weekend Course Camps…..$1050
- 6/5-6/6 : 6/19-6/20 : 7/17-7/18
- 1 Bike Tune…..$150
- 1 Downhill Skills Session…..$300
- Complete Training/Nutrition/Support Package for 6 months…..$600
- Race Day Private Aid Station…..$250
- Jakroo Race Kit…..$230
- Sponsor swag kit and support…..$200+
- Total value: $5190+
*items not available a-la-carte
- “No Ride Around” Cycling Kit by Jakroo: FREE! Second Kit: $
- Season-Long Maintenance Plan from Base Camp Cyclery:
- Level 1: $TBD
- Level 2: $TBD
- Level 3: $TBD
Refer a friend to the program and save $250 off your registration. The friend must mention referral via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.